The Mission for the Future 2022 is open to all types of applicants, including any of following, as long as the applicant meets the eligibility criteria in Section 2(b):
- Individuals or individual Entities: Companies of any size, academic researchers, research institutions, accelerators, incubators, technology transfer firms, consultants, venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, and inventors.
- Team Entries: Teams and collaborative groups of one or more individuals or entities (each, a “Team”) provided that (i) the Entry Materials submitted for the Team designates a primary point of contact (“Team Contact”) to engage with LG NOVA; (ii) LG NOVA shall not be responsible for communicating with any Team members other than the Team Contact; and (ii) LG NOVA shall not be held responsible for or be deemed a party to any teaming agreements, verbal, written or implied, formed between members of the Team.
To be eligible for the MFTF:
- You or, for Team Entries, a member of the Team, must have developed, or be in the process of developing a product or service based on a new or innovative technology, or an innovative application of an existing technology developed by you or, for Team Entries, a member of the Team (“Innovation”).
- The Innovation developed or under development has the potential to address one of the following five key focus tracks:
- Digital Health
- ESG/Electric Mobility
- Smart Lifestyles
- Metaverse & Gaming
- Open Innovation
- Display Solutions
- You comply with Section I of this Agreement, the Search Guidance, and if selected as a Qualifier, Section II of this Agreement.
- There are no restrictions on your future funding or, for Team Entries, the future funding of any member of the Team, based on your or the Team’s funding as of the date of its Entry Materials submission.
- To the extent you or any Team member (for Team Entries) is a legal entity, neither you nor the Team member (A) is organized under the laws of a country which is not an Excluded Country (as defined herein), or (B) has any subsidiaries or affiliates located or incorporated in any Excluded Country (an “Eligible Country”).
- At least one of the following is true:
- If you are an individual submitting an Entry to the MFTF, you are:
- if the entrant on whose behalf you submit an Entry is an entity, at least one of entity’s founders or executives is:
- if the entrant on whose behalf you submit an Entry is a Team, at least one of your Team members or a founder or executive of a Team member is:
- A legal resident of an Eligible Country and are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of Entry Materials submission.
- You are not, and no officer, director, manager, or employee of the entity on whose behalf you submit the Entry, or, for Team Entries, no Team member (or officer, director, manager, or employee of the Team member) is subject to sanctions in the United States or listed on the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List or the Office of Foreign Assets Control Sanctions Lists, which may be found here.
- You do not have, and no officer, director of the entity on whose behalf you submit the Entry or, for Team Entries, no Team member (or officer, or director, of the Team member) has, any familial or financial relationship with LG NOVA or any Judge. If you become aware of any fact or circumstance that any such relationship exists or has developed prior to the judging of the MFTF, you agree to notify LG NOVA immediately. LG NOVA reserves the right in its discretion to exclude any Entrant due to other potential conflicts.
Each of the following is an Excluded Country: Crimea – Region of Ukraine, Cuba, Iran, North Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of Korea), Sudan, Russia, Belarus, and Syria.